This holiday season expert shoppers Tarra Stubbins and Zayna Mosam help Canadians conquer holiday gift and style challenges with efficiency and ease.
I am pleased to be working with my colleague and friend Tarra Stubbins on a series of special holiday projects. She owns one of the top personal concierge businesses in North America and I can always trust her to help my clients. We are great collaborators and often team up to prepare busy clients for their special occasions or to rescue them in style from shopping distress!
So many common holiday stressors can be avoided completely. Here are a few things to consider this season. We can help you to get organized so you can spend more time with your loved ones…and enjoy it!
1. Don’t get caught up in Black Friday/Cyber Monday hype: Is it better to buy electronics during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales or is there a better time of year? What are the items that Canadian shoppers should look out for on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? What about driving across the border to take advantage of in-store sales vs. buying on-line and shipping? Do I have to preplan for Cyber Monday?
Watch Zayna’s interview with Tarra here: Are Black Friday & Cyber Monday really worth the hype?
2. Know what to look for: By knowing the hot holiday gifts for 2013, ordering them online and using Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts you will avoid the last minute shopping crowds, save money and avoid the panic of not having the perfect gift on Christmas morning. Find out about the top gifts for everyone on your priority list: Boss, Best Friend, Assistant, Father, Kids and Romantic Partner
3. Be festive & fashionable: At any given event you are representing yourself as a professional while you celebrate and at holiday parties there can be extra pressure to stand out. Some of the best Black Friday sale items are clothes. Which key items should buy to update your wardrobe and style yourself for a luxurious but effortless look?
4. Style your parties: Now that you and your loved ones look beautiful, make sure your parties and gatherings are also dressed to impress. Tired of the same old party plan? Request a modern and elegant holiday theme or a classic decor to suit your personality and your home.
5. Treat yourself: It’s natural for tress compound over the holiday season. Make sure to gift yourself with a customized experience or some R & R!
Corporate lunch n’ learns on the topics above
Personal styling & shopping
Special event planning
Tarra Stubbins is the president of Take It Easy Personal Concierge Inc. a boutique concierge company located in Toronto. Take It Easy specializes in personal shopping and errand running with the majority of her client base being young men. Take It Easy was formed in 2007 after Tarra came off of the road where she acted as a personal assistant to world-class touring musicians.